Saturday, October 9, 2010

Congratulations Simon! - Local body elections

Congratulations Simon!

Firstly - Thanks to all those 4739 people (final count) that voted for me!
Secondly - A big thanks to those that helped with my campaign. It was incredible to see the support that came from all around the peninsula.
After final counting, I missed out by 378 votes! Not too bad.
It is true - I am dedicated to working for our environment, and I would have been dedicated to serving the people of the Thames-Coromandel Peninsula. However, Simon has won this election, and he is the best man for the job - that's the way the majority has voted.

We have a few more projects that we are committed to completing - and yes, they are all for the betterment of our environment, and New Zealand. I will then most likely head to Australia - to the delight of those perpetrating the ecocide taking place in this country, no doubt - and hide under a sun-scorched rock for a while.

We don't make lots of money from our documentary work, and no, we don't enjoy the condemnation that comes with presenting the truth.

However, we are in a position that means that we are able to present the facts about the atrocity that takes place in our wilderness areas, every week.

I hope that one day, those of you with blinkers on will finally open your eyes and realise what is really taking place in our forests.

Thanks again to those that supported this campaign.

Final results....

Constituency – Thames Coromandel (1 seat)

Candidate Name
FRIAR, Simon 5117

GRAF, Clyde 4739
SIELING, Dirk 3229

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't go to Australia. We need you here. I'm sorry that not enough people voted for you because you really WERE the best candidate. It makes me wonder what your score might have been if you were running in your own home town, and were there on the spot. I mean, honestly, look at your score. It was really good. You came way ahead of one of the blokes who actually lives in the community. That's quite a credit to you. I don't think you should give up on politics or go to Australia. We have plenty of rocks for you to sit under here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete